Another easy recipe that was Pinterest inspired, mother tested, and kid approved! I chose to grill our chicken which tasted delicious but it didn't lend well to being photographed. If you're looking to impress some guests with a fancy schmancy looking piece of poultry, then try this recipe but follow the baking instructions instead :)
A few tips:
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, cilantro, oregano, salt, and freshly cracked pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Using a zester, scrape the thin layer of lemon skin into the bag. Also add the juice from half of the lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp). Mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, either cook the chicken on a grill OR preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken.
- If you choose to bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9×13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
A few tips:
- You can use regular plain yogurt if you don't have Greek yogurt on hand.
- If you don't like the flavor of cilantro, you can substitute with Italian parsley.
- I chose to use skinless, boneless chicken thighs but I find that bone-in, skin-on pieces bake up the best and offer the best flavor.
- And fair warning that the grilled chicken doesn't look nearly as pretty as the baked chicken, but it takes much less time to cook. Keep this in mind if you're preparing this dish for guests.