Days are still flying by faster than I can believe. I had this idea that I'd be able to blog every day of maternity leave and catch up on everything I've been wanting to post. But so far, that's not exactly happening. Not only have I not been able to update the Milestones and Belly Days pages, I've barely been able to keep track of what's been going on in our day to day life. So here's a recap of the past week or so...
1. Caden's potty training is still stalled. We find him hiding in a corner about once a day. I'll give you one guess as to what he's doing...
2. My name is Vanessa and I'm an addict. Coffee has crept back into my life and in a big way! Trying to keep it only in the morning though because Viv seems to be extra sensitive to caffeine and it can easily throw off her sleep routine.
3. Cuddle buddies. Benecio is pretty accepting of the newest family member and he loves to cuddle up near her.
4. Page 126 of Happiest Baby on the Block is my lifesaver! That page has gotten Viv to sleep each and every time we've followed its recommendations.
5. Caden has received some cool gifts recently, including this lizard from Aunt Antoinette and Uncle Bill in Texas. I think he can get used to this whole "being a big brother" thing.
6. She's got her daddy wrapped around her finger...
7. Key to my sanity is the Jeep baby carrier. Viv usually falls asleep when she's in it, so I wear it when I shop, cook, clean... or anything else when I want her to sleep so I can focus.
8. Ranunculus make me happy! And Trader Joe's has them for only $5 a bunch. Double score!
9. Viv didn't have lashes when she was born (something I didn't remember about Caden). In six weeks they've grown quite a bit. Still plenty of room to catch up to her bro... but she's on the right path!!
10. Pierre... my mustachioed toddler.
11. First trip to Rainforest Cafe was a bust. The stentch of chlorine + overpriced food + cheesy servers straight out of a bad movie = this place. We won't be going back. Ever.
12. Mom and me at the Sip & See celebrating Miss Viv!
13. First stages of getting sick but still trying to crack a smile. Her situation quickly worsened and she experienced her first episode of puking later that afternoon :(
14. Viv's collection of goodies from the shower. If I had the will power, I wouldn't need to shop for her for at least a year. But I probably won't make it much longer than a month...
15. Poor girl turned out to have RSV. Looks a lot worse than it is (in her case at least). Now we're proud owners of a nebulizer and we're stoked to be scheduling breathing treatments around the clock! [insert sarcasm]